POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pan_All : Re: Pan_All Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pan_All
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 12 Aug 2000 21:10:25
Message: <3995F71F.FA1A4170@pobox.com>
Peter Warren wrote:
> Here's a 1750 painting by some Italian dude of what I'm going for.
> I've got the coffers (arch.tech.talk) down, ...

Someday, if I ever learn the necessary math, I'd like to design a
coffer-dome based on a tessellation of the hyperbolic plane.

At
http://www.superliminal.com/geometry/hypertes/HyperbolicTesselations.html,

Some of these consist of straight lines running throughout.  Project one
of these stereographically to the hemisphere, and you get a set of
arches that meet the plane at a right angle.

Unfortunately, my favorite pattern -- that shown by the blue lines in
http://www.superliminal.com/geometry/hypertes/4_5_trunc0_512x512.gif --
leaves a much bigger hole than the Pantheon analogy allows.

--
Anton Sherwood  --  br0### [at] p0b0xcom  --  http://ogre.nu/